Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My heart swells with pride!

Oh wow, I couldn't wait to share this little memory! Tonight at dinner, we all sat down to the table together and proceeded to bow our heads, clasp our hands, and say the blessing together. We always say the same one - "God is great, God is good. Let us thank Him for our food. Amen." Well tonight, Rob added, "...and help Aunt Christina get well" before the "Amen." The two of us said, "Amen" together and looked up. Hudson's hands were still together and his eyes were still closed...he was obviously not finished. Then he proceeded to say, "Thank you for Mari Cagle. Thank you for Atticus. Thank you for Riley. Thank you for Dada. Thank you for Mama. Amen." Oh my goodness. I thought my heart would burst. I was SO proud of my little man. (By the way, Riley is the only little girl in his class at "school," and Atticus is the most rambunctious of the other six boys.) Where did that come from?! This was the first time that he has spontaneously said a blessing or added to a blessing all on his own. I just burst into tears right there at the table. I couldn't control myself. And that, of course, prompted Hudson to pat my arm and say, "It's okay, Mama. It's okay." How did I become so blessed with such a perfect little treasure? My cup runneth over....

2 comments:

B. Lockhart said...

I love that little boy! Miss him so much.

The Lockharts said...

Dude, I'm pregnant, are you trying to make me cry all over my keyboard! I love him!