Saturday, November 24, 2007

Hudson's First Black Eye, Owww!

Well, we managed to make it two and a half years before this happened - Hudson's first black eye. :( Poor little guy; it looks horrible. He was running around Grammy and Pop Pop's house, having a good ol' time with cousin Nate and Uncle Britton, when he slipped and fell face-down on a paint can. I immediately jumped up and ran to him, but by the time I got there it was already swollen and blue. I couldn't believe it appeared that fast. Hudson wasn't really crying all that much at first but when I saw his huge shiner, I couldn't hold in a scream; it scared me so much. And that, of course, made it worse. Poor little man. He fought us with the ice - we never did get any on 'em. And the next morning, the bruise and swelling had spread underneath his eye. Awww! We were a little apprehensive about taking him shopping with us the day after Thanksgiving; didn't want strangers to think we punched out our sweet little boy! I'm sure this is just the first of many ugly bumps and bruises he'll get over his lifetime (especially if he plays football!), but gosh, I sure hate it....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Hudson... but you know he looks tough in that UGA jersey!! Future DAWG, I'm sure!!

Love ya!!
KimD